Waist Friendly Orange Sesame Chicken
Take a good look at this. It doesn’t look healthy, does it? Wrong! It’s a healthy dinner in disguise, and I can’t recommend it enough.
This is what you should cook for dinner, if you want the house to smell amazing. The caramelized orange smell from this dish is out of this world!
I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather lately, and when I’m fighting a bug, I always stock up on Vitamin C.
*Entrance Orange Sesame Chicken*
This dish is packed with nutrients from the oranges, broccoli, red pepper and ginger.
I make this Orange Sesame Chicken quite a lot, and I love the full taste, even though it’s made with (mostly) wholesome ingredients. It’s a much lighter, healthier version of one of my favorite take away orders.
A dish that is super tasty, wholesome, waist line friendly and can be made in under 30 minutes? That never gets old, does it?
Lighter Orange Sesame Chicken 2013-10-23 18:55:00 Serves 4
- 400 grams of chicken breast, cut in chunks
- 50 grams whole wheat flour (1/3 cup)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly squeezed orange juice from 2 large oranges
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Orange peel from one large orange
- 1 dl cold water (1/3 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- brocolli, steamed
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and salt. Add chicken and make sure, all sides are coated in flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet (or wok) and add the coated chicken.
- Meanwhile, we’re going to make the sauce 🙂 Start by squeezing the juice out of two oranges in a little bowl.
- Zest one orange and add it to the juice bowl. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, water, sesame oil, ginger and cornstarch. Mix well until the corn starch is completely dissolved.
- When the chicken is done and golden, add the sauce to the skillet. Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it thicken and get bubbly.
- Add sesame seeds, red pepper, onion and brocolli.
- Serve with brown rice and top with sliced scallions.