This is a heart healthy recipe that substitues tofu instead of using eggs. You can use egg beaters if you are not vegetarian and prefer egg flavor. This is very low in cholesterol, salt and fat yet full of protein.
- 3/4 of a 14 oz can of no salt added diced tomatoes.
- Save remainder 1/4 for migas mixture
- 2 large cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 whole serreno pepper with seeds
- 1/2 tbls canola or olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped white onions
- 2 tbls chipotle tabasco sauce
- Heat oil in frying pan
- Add chopped pepper with seeds
- Add chopped onions
- Add chopped garlic
- Cook these on med heat, stirring as you cook.
- Cook until unions just begin to brown.
- Add tomatoes
- Add Tabasco
- Simmer all for 4 mins
- Add all to blender and blend smooth
- Pour in to a small bowl and set aside