A Soup is a generally warm food that is made by combining ingredients such as meat and vegetables with stock, juice, water, or another liquid. Hot soups are additionally characterized by boiling solid ingredients in liquids in a pot until the flavors are extracted, forming a broth.
This Vegetable Soup Recipe is part of a low cholesterol diet and is really good for your health. Here is the recipe :
Total Time : 35 min
- Preparation Time : 15 min
- Cooking Time : 20 min
Total Servings : 8
Vegetable Soup Recipe Ingredients :
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 stalk of celery
- 1 onion, large
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 leeks
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mixed vegetables, to taste
- 1 can (28 oz, 796 ml) whole tomatoes
- 10 tsp (50 ml) broth base, the choice
- 2 liters water
Vegetable Soup Recipe Directions :
- 1 – Chop all the vegetables. Keep the juice from the canned tomatoes. Slice the tomatoes too. Boil 2 liters of water in a pot large enough to hold all the vegetables.
- 2 – Add vegetables (except tomatoes) and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3 – Add the tomatoes and their juice, herbs, salt, pepper and broth without salt or fat.
- 4 – Simmer 5 minutes.
You can substitute canned whole tomatoes with 6 fresh tomatoes, peeled, cut into chunks.
Let Me know how you liked this Vegetable Soup Recipe !
* Here is my favourite Low Cholesterol Diet Cookbook