This is a low fat beautiful plated dish with a load of flavor. The sauce is also low fat yet creamy and has a sinful taste. No one will know it so low in calories, sodium, fat and cholesterol. This sauce can be used for so many things including baked fish!
Stuffed Chicken Ingredients:
- 2 thick boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Fat removed
- 10 (crushed fine), Kashi whole grain crackers (garlic flavor)
- 1 oz fat free cream cheese
- 4 oz jar of sliced pimentos include liquid
- 1/2 cup chopped white onions
- 1 tbls McCormick no salt garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 cup fat free Mozzarella cheese
Stuffed Chicken Preparation:
- Crush crackers and place in zip lock bag
- Cut slit in each chicken breast leaving 1″ uncut on each end. Do not cut all the way through. You are making a stuffable pocket.
- Mix remainder of stuffing ingredients in to a med. sized mixing bowl and smash with a masher plus stir to mix well. It will be lumpy, just make sure it’s mixed up well.
- Place 1 large spoon full of stuffing in to each chicken breast pocket
- Close the slit up and secure with toothpicks
- Dip filled chicken breasts in to egg whites covering all with a spoon
- Carefully pick up chicken breasts and lay in to your cracker crumbs in side the zip lock bag
- With your hand, DO NOT shake, cover chicken breasts with the crushed crackers.
- Add 1/2 tbls canola or olive oil in to a frying pan and heat it on med. flame
- Lay stuffed and breaded chicken breasts in to hot oil, remove toothpicks and cook on med high heat until slightly browned on each side
- Spray a small baking dish with canola cooking spray and transfer your now browned chicken breasts in to this dish.
- Cover with lid or tin foil and place in to a preheated 350 degree oven for approx 40 mins (done when no pink throughout).