SPONGE RASGULLA RECIPE :
Sweet dishes are a must when it comes to Indian cooking and Bengali sweets are no doubt every bodies’ favourite. Sponge rasgullas are soft and full of sugar syrup. Each bite of this rasgulla leaves a lingering taste on to your taste buds. Made from simple ingredients like milk and sugar, this recipe is a must try. It is not going to take a lot of time and effort to make.
For 12-15 Rasgulla
- 1 litre Milk
- 300 gms Sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Method of Sponge Rasgulla
- Set 1 litre milk to boil. Once boiled cool it down a bit.
- Mix 2 tbsp lemon juice and same amount of water in a small utensil.
- Now, add this mix 1 tbsp at a time into the boiled milk. Stir properly. After addition of lemon juice, the milk will start to coagulate.
- Place a sieve over a big utensil and on the sieve place muslin cloth. Onto this muslin cloth pour the coagulated milk. Whole of water will be drained and coagulated milk will be left on the muslin cloth.
- Now pour a little amount of water on the coagulated milk so as to remove all the sour flavor of lemon.
- Once all water is drained, squeeze the coagulated milk to remove the water which was left.
- Take out the coagulated milk in a plate, mash it with your hands and make a soft dough out of it.
- Once the dough is ready, divide it into small fractions. You can decide upon the size of the rasgulla.
- Now give them a proper round shape.
- Side by side prepare sugar syrup for rasgulla with 1 cup sugar and 4 cups water in a pressure cooker.
- Once all the balls are ready, put them carefully into the same pressure cooker and cook it on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- After that, cool down the cooker under tap. Open the lid gently and carefully take out the rasgullas and sugar syrup in a bowl.
- Now let them cool down.
- After 5-6 hours, the rasgullas will absorb the sweetness and will be ready to serve.