Classic pulled pork makes great sandwiches that are perfect for feeding a large group.
5 pounds pork shoulder roast
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes – crushed
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the pork roast.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- Remove the roast to a tray or cutting board.
- Using two forks, pull the meat apart until shredded.
- Place shredded pork in a large bowl and pour some of the liquid from the slow cooker over the meat until it is as moist as you like.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker to keep it warm until ready to serve.
- Serve on fresh buns for sandwiches.