Sindhi Kadhi is a nutritious recipe which has a lot of vegetables. This recipe has its own unique taste. Sindhi kadhi is one of the recipes where all vegetables complement each other to deliver great taste, colour and texture. This tangy kadhi is made with roasted besan and vegetables, it is best enjoyed with plain boiled rice.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- ¼ cup carrot cubes
- ½ cup potato peeled and cut in cubes
- ½ cluster beans ( gavarfali)
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- ¼ cup lady finger (bhindi), slit into 2 vertically
- ¼ teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds( methi)
- 2 teaspoon chopped green chillies
- 4 tablespoon besan
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 5-6 curry leaves (kadhi patta)
- 1-2 tamarind pulp
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
Method of cooking:
- First boil potatoes, gavarfali, carrot they become soft and tender. Keep aside, retaining the water.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds. cook till the seeds start to crackle. After that add asafoetida.
- Now add besan, sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat till it becomes golden brown.
- Add 4 cups of water and bring to boil. Add green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder, tamarind pulp.
- Now add boiled vegetables and salt. Cook well and bring to boil. Simmer till the bhindi is cooked.
- Switch off the heat. Serve hot.
Best enjoyed with boiled rice. For more vegetarian recipes click here