A few days ago I was watching about a culinary show on TV. One dish that attracted me was the Rock Salt Fish recipe. The idea was to cured the fish by embalming it with salt, and then oven the fish for a while. Here’s a recipe you could try
- 1 Snapper, clean the guts
- 3 egg whites
- 600 grams (21.2 ounces) of rough salt
- 1 lemon lime
- Stir the egg whites until their stiff
- Add in the salt, stir evenly
- Embalm the fish with mixed salt. Cover the entire fish surface with salt
- Wrap the fish with aluminium foil, then oven at 180 C or 356 F for about 40 minutes.
- When done take it, and serve with slices of lime.
How to serve:
Serve the fish with the aluminium foil still covering it. Then knock the salt until it breaks to reveal the fish. You could add some lime water ontop the fish