Who doesn’t love this dish? A steak combined with the right sauce are too good to be missed. Here’s a great recipe you could try at home
Serving for 8 people
- 4 10- to 12-ounce beef ribeye steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 recipe Grilled Peppers (see recipe below)
Grilled Peppers (Sauce) Ingredients:
- 4 yellow, red, and/or orange sweet peppers
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Trim fat from meat. Brush steaks with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, lemon-pepper seasoning, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. sprinkle paprika mixture evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers. Cover steaks and chill for 1 hour.
- Place steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill until desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 11 to 15 minutes for medium-rare doneness [145 degree F] or 14 to 18 minutes for medium doneness [160 degree F].)
- Cut steaks into serving-size pieces. Serve with Grilled Peppers.
- Server with Grilled Peppers Sauce
Grilled Peppers Directions:
- Seed and quarter the sweet peppers
- Brush peppers with olive oil
- Place pepper quarters on grill rack directly over medium coals.
- Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender and lightly browned, turning once.
- Remove peppers from grill; cool slightly.
- Cut peppers into wide strips.
- Place peppers in bowl
- Add the fresh basil and balsamic vinegar; toss well.
- Serve immediately or cool to room temperature.