This recipe serves a great appetizer dipped in a delicious garlic mayonnaise sauce.
* 1 large whole garlic bulb
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1 to 3 teaspoons milk, optional
* 3 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
* 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
* 1 cup minced fresh parsley
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
* 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- Without separating the cloves, remove the papery layer of the garlic. Cut the top of the garlic bulb and brush it with oil. Wrap whole garlic in foil and let it bake for about 35 minutes at 425 degrees F. Leave it to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out the garlic off its skin and place it in a small bowl. Mash and mix it with mayonnaise and milk. Once creamy, cover bowl and refrigerate for about 3 hours or preferably longer.
- Saute leeks in a large skillet with a tablespoon of oil. Take it off the stove top.
- Mix parsley, Parmesan cheese, thyme, salt and pepper in a blender. Add the rest of the oil gradually and process to a creamy texture. Add the walnuts and sauteed leek. Cover blender and process until the the last ingredients have been chopped coarsely. Reserve.
- Slit the tenderloin lengthwise reaching about half inch of the other side. Open the tenderloins and lay it flat on a surface. Use a plastic wrap to cover and pound until flattened to about 3/4 inch thick. Take the plastic wrap off and apply the leek mixture evenly leaving an inch off the edges.
- Roll the tenderloin through its longer side and use kitchen string to keep it in place.
- Arrange the tenderloin in a shallow roasting pan with the seam side facing down. Bake for about 55 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Once done, take it off the oven and set aside for about 15 minutes. Put cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove the string and slice the pork into 1/2 inch sizes. Serve along with prepared garlic-mayo dip.
- Makes 30 pieces of delicious pinwheels.