Yesterday was a busy day, so I decided to make a quick and easy dinner. My boyfriend really wanted pasta, so I grabbed Nigella Lawson cookbook Nigellissima and decided on this vegetarian dish, which took no more than 15 minutes to make.
You will need
- 8 ounces of pasta (I used whole wheat penne)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored oil
- 1 pound zucchini (preferably organic), finely diced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt. Cook pasta. Before draining, remove a cup of cooking water.
2. In a heavy-base pan that has a lid, cook scallions and oil over medium heat, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
4. Add wine, letting it bubble up. Add 2 Tbsp. parsley. Season with salt to taste, lower heat, cover with lid and cook until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes longer.
5. Tip drained pasta back into its pot. Add zucchini, 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan and 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Combine thoroughly and taste, adding pepper and more cheese, salt, or cooking liquid, if wished. Stir in butter and most of remaining parsley. Divide between 2 warmed bowls, sprinkle with rest of parsley and more Parmesan.