Jenn: Like many people, I have struggled with my weight. I have a extreme sweet tooth and it’s usually my downfall in keeping with a diet. Luckily I have a very fit and health conscious roommate that is helping me with my weight loss goals. As of a few days ago, I am now following the Paleo diet. Basically you try and eat like a cave person. It can feel restrictive at first and to be successful at it, you definitely need to be skilled at planning meals and being creative in the kitchen.
So in celebration of starting my new healthy diet, I thought I would post an easy paleo recipe. The bars are packed with protein, which is helpful in losing weight. The bars also help satisfy my sweet tooth!
Print Paleo Power Bars Author: Adapted from Caveman Strong Recipe type: Paleo Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 18 mins Total time: 28 mins Serves: 12 Ingredients
- ¼ cup honey (raw, unpasteurized)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup each of unsalted pumpkin seeds, unsweetened shredded coconut, unsalted sunflower seeds, sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Beat honey and eggs with a fork in a small bowl. Mix dry ingredients (except chocolate chips and dried blueberries) in a medium bowl.
- Mix wet and dry, then put in food processor. Mix on low for about 20 secs.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish, press into even layer. Bake for about 17-20 mins till edges are golden brown.
- While cooling, sprinkle chocolate chips and dried blueberries evenly.