Well the adventure of following a paleo diet continues. It has definitely been difficult but rewarding. I still miss desserts with full sugar but I’m getting used to all things paleo. In October, myself and Alex’s wife will be completing a half marathon. Well I’m hoping to complete it, Alex’s wife is a fitness machine so I know she will have no problem finishing.
To keep up my motivation for sticking with paleo, I made a paleo dessert with lots of chocolate. It’s hard to not like something with chocolate! Normally I would have used milk chocolate but only dark chocolate is allowed on the paleo diet.
Let me know if you’ve ever tried the paleo diet and what your experience was like…
Print Paleo Chocolate Banana Bread Author: Adapted from Bakerita Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 45 mins Total time: 1 hour Serves: 12 Ingredients
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup nut butter of your choice
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and nut butter with mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Next add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix again on medium speed until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in oven for 40-50mins. When toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean, then the bread is ready,
- Allow to cool on wire rack in pan for 30mins then remove from pan.