Beef has traditionally been used to create burger patties. Here is one special recipe that makes use of pork meat instead of beef. Give this meal a try and see how you’ll like it. This dish is really tasty.
* 2 pounds bulk mild pork sausage
* 1 cup soft bread crumbs
* 1/3 cup finely diced onion
* 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
* 1 egg
* 2 tablespoons dry sherry
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 6 sesame seed burger buns
* 1 cup bean sprouts
* 3/4 cup sweet and sour sauce
1. Mix together the pork sausage, bread crumbs, onion, water chestnuts, egg, sherry, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a bowl until evenly combined. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to make the mixture easier to handle, then form into 6 patties.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.
3. Cook the burgers on the preheated grill until no longer pink in the center, about 7 minutes. Lightly toast the buns on the hot grill. Serve the burgers with the remaining sauce. Put out burgers on a platter as well. Enjoy!