Moong Dal Halwa
Moong Dal halwa is a sweet delicacy of Rajasthan and is mainly prepared in winter season. It is loaded with ghee and dry fruits. Its sweetness and the aroma of desi ghee are its major plus points. It is indeed a treat to eyes, nose and taste buds. This one will surely test your patience but it is worth waiting and worth trying.
Cooking Time: 45mins
- ½ Cup Ghee
- ½ Cup Moong Dal
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Water
- ¼ tbsp Powdered chhoti elaichi
- ½ Cup Sugar(Mixed with water & Milk)
- 4 tbsp Roasted Almonds and Pistachios
- Wash moong dal and soak it overnight or for 6-7 hours.
- Grind this dal and make a coarse paste.
- Dissolve sugar in hot milk and water.
- In a kadai mix dal and ghee and fry well at medium flame for 5-7mins or till the dal charges its colour.
- Add milk and sugar mixture to this dal and stir well. Cook till ghee starts to separate from dal and liquid is absorbed.
- Mix the cardamom powder and garnish with roasted almonds and pistachios. Moong Dal Halwa is ready to serve.
For more sweet dish recipes click here. Do share your experiences with us in the comment box and also you can post your questions. Happy Cooking!