Miso Soup is actually very simple to make, and it’s a combination of dashi and miso paste. This food is very popular in Japan and we could always order them in our favorite japanese restaurant and it them first before the main dish arrives. If you’re feeling to get some japanese taste at home here’s a japanese miso soup recipe you could try at home..
Servings for 6
- 75 (2.65 ounces) grams of boiled chicken breast meat, diced small
- 50 (2.65 ounces) grams of tofu
- 800 cc of dashi (vegetable stock)
- 3 tablespoon of miso (special japanese ingredient, both sashi and miso could be found at the supermarket)
- 20 cm (7.9 inches) of shallot, slice them smoothly
- 2 tablespoon of ginger extract
- 2 tablespoon of shoyu (japanese soy sauce, usually Kikkoman brand is good)
- Boil the diced chicken breast meat and tofu in a pot filled with dashi. Pour some of the dashi to soak the miso. Stir and pour the miso in the dashi.
- add the shallot and keep boiling for 1-2 minutes, don’t over-boiled them.
- add the ginger and shoyu
- serve while it’s hot