MAKKI PANEER PAKORA
Makki paneer pakora is one of the tea time snack. It is made with a combination of cottage cheese (Paneer) and makki (Corn), gram flour and some spices. You can prepare it quickly and all the ingredients are easily available. These pakoras are best enjoyed with coriander chutney and tomato ketchup.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 200 gm paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 200 gm fresh corn
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon green chilli paste
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 ¾ teaspoon dry mango powder(amchur)
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- 5-6 tablespoon of gram flour (besan)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
Method of cooking:
- Cook fresh corn in milk. Cool and grind it coarsely.
- Grate paneer.
- Take a deep bowl. Add grinded corn, grated paneer, ginger-garlic paste, green chilly paste, chopped onions, amchur (mango) powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, besan(gram flour) , salt to taste and little water to make a thick batter (batter should not be runny).
- Make even sized round balls.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the pakoras on medium heat till golden brown. Drain well and keep them on an absorbent paper.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve hot with tomato and green chutney.
For more vegetarian quick recipes click here. Do share your experiences with us in the comment box and also you can post your questions. Happy Cooking!