These are delicious and very good for you cookies. They are easy to make and contain no butter or egg yolks for your cholesterol health! Dark chocolate is used to top them along with sugar free preserves and shredded coconut
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 2 cups whole grain quick oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbls soy flour
- 4 tbls sweetened shredded coconut (2 in batter 2 for topping)
- sugar free fruit preserves for topping
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- dark chocolate bar for topping cookies
- 1/2 cup no sugar added pineapple juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbls sugar free mayple syrup
- Mix egg whites,syrup and olive oil together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add oats, flours, 2 tbls coconut, baking soda, baking powder and sugar. Mix all well.
- Add pineapple juice and continue to stir until mixed completely.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- With a spoon, gather approx 2 tbls of batter and form a ball.
- Place each ball on to the cookie sheet and with damp fingers, flatten balls in to cookie shape.
- With a small spoon, top each cookie with a little fruit preserves.
- Then top cookies with your remaining coconut.
- With a knife or cheese grater, grate chocolate over each cooking.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 mins.