Gujrati dishes are famous all over India. Khandvi is made from besan (gram flour) and are bite size. Easy to make and very yummy, you can prepare it quickly and serve with tea. Try this quick snack time recipe. Happy Cooking!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serves: For 10-15 khandvi
- 1/2 cup besan
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup beaten yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- grated coconut
As we said earlier, this recipe is very easy and these are the steps to prepare:
- In a mixing bowl, take besan, salt, 1 tbsp oil and turmeric powder. Mix it properly.
- Then add yogurt and mix well, and then to make the batter runny add water according to the need.
- In a thick bottom pan put the batter and cook it on a low flame till the batter is thick.
- Now take the batter on a foil and using and using a flat ladle (the one used to toss omelettes) spread the batter in fairly thin sheets. Leave it for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a kadai/thick bottom pan, put 2 tbsp oil and mustard seeds. Let them on the flame till the time mustard seeds crackle. Your tadka is ready
- Once the batter is cooled down, cut out stripes and roll out the khandvi. Repeat for all the strips.
- After rolling out all the khandvi, put them onto a plate and pour the tadka on them.
- Lastly, sprinkle the grated coconut and coriander and serve.
Try out this Gujrati Khandvi and let us know your experiences. Happy Cooking!
Check our other Veg and Non-Veg Recipes. For Step-by-step cooking check foodviva.com. Do not forget to comment below your feedback. More gujarti recipes will be updated soon on the site.