As the name suggests, kadai paneer is made in a kadai/ thick bottom pan. It is a famous paneer recipe and is cooked widely in North India mainly. Soft paneer cubes blends perfectly with the array of spices used in the gravy.
Cooking time-25 mins
- 2 Medium Onions
- 1½ cup Paneer cubes
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Capsicum
- 2-3 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Garlic ginger paste
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 tbsp Red chilli powder
- Kasuri Methi
- Take a kadai and heat oil in it. Add coriander seeds, red chillies, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom . Roast for 2 min and powder them.
- Take another pan with oil in it .Add bay leaves, onions, cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste and heat on low flame for 2 mins.
- Now add tomato, capsicum, salt , ¼ water and mix well.
- Add the pieces of paneer, powdered spices and add ¼ cup of water again into it .Cover the lid and cook for 5-6 mins more.
- kadai paneer is ready to be served hot with Naan/Chapattis.
You may check our other vegetarian recipes. Do share your experiences with us in the comment box and also you can post your questions. Happy Cooking!