Kadai Mushroom is a semi dry gravy, prepared with button mushrooms, spices, capsicum, onions and tomatoes. As the name suggests, it is cooked in a KADAI (thick bottom pan). Mushroom and the spices used in the gravy blend nicely Learn to make restaurant style kadai mushroom which are best enjoyed with all the Indian breads.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 250 gms of cleaned mushroom sliced
- 1 capsicum chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 3-4 tomatoes, pureed
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1-2 green chillies sliced
- 1 pieces ginger
- 4-5 ginger cloves
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
2-3 tablespoon oil
Method of cooking:
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chilies and keep aside
- Heat oil in a cooking pan, add jeera and let it crackle.
- Now add ginger garlic and green chilly paste, sauté for few minutes.
- Add onions and fry them till they turn brown, add capsicum , sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add tomato puree, cook for 4-5 minutes till the raw smell is gone.
- Add red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add a little water, mushrooms and mix gently so that the mushrooms gets combined with the spices.
- Cook with lid on at low flame for 5-7 minutes so that the gravy gets cooked well.
- Add kasuri methi and coriander leaves, mix well and cook them for 1-2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, kadai mushroom is ready to eat.
For more vegetarian recipes click here. Do share your experiences with us in the comment box and also you can post your questions. Happy Cooking!