Pork pie is another great recipe for pork meat. Pork pie is a really tasty treat, especially if it is served warm and with a rich and tasty side dish. This pork pie recipe is extraordinary because it has an Italian twist to it.
* 2 pounds lean ground pork
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
* 1 cup bread crumbs
* 2 (3.5 ounce) links sweet Italian sausage
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
* 1 large onion, grated
* salt to taste
* ground black pepper to taste
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- Roll out dough to fit a 9 inch pie plate.
- Place ground pork, rosemary, bread crumbs, parsley, and onion in a medium-size bowl; mix until well blended. Remove casings from sausage, and crumble into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese into the bottom of pie shell. Spread pork mixture on top of cheese, and sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Place top crust over filling, and crimp the edges together.
- Bake the dish for an hour using a 500 degrees Fahrenheit heat application.