A very easy to make angel food cake that is filled with healthy no sugar added ingredients. With the pineapple and pineapple juice, this angel food cake is moist and delicious. Very hawaiian flavor!
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 20 oz can no sugar added pineapple including the juice
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I used fresh and chopped it up)
- 1/2 tsp ginger spice
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (low sugar added)
- Add all ingredients except chocolate and a little coconut (save this for topping) to a mixing bowl
- Stir well
- Spray a cake pan with cooking spray
- Add mixture to cake pan (only filling approx half way to the top of your pan. Use 2 pans if needed
- Bake according to cake package directions.
- When cake is 10 mins away from being done, you will sprinkle your reserved coconut over the top and then continue to bake til done.
- Cake is done when tooth pick is inserted in to center of cake and it comes out clean.