“You need to prepare the casserole the night ahead and simply leave it cooking in the oven while taking your morning shower.”
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
6 green onions, sliced
1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the cheeses together. Sprinkle this onto a 13 x 9 x 2-inch greased baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and cook the mushrooms, onions and red pepper, sauteing until tender. Mix in the ham. Add mixture over the cheeses.
- Mix flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add onto the ham mixture, spreading evenly. Cover the casserole and keep it refrigerated overnight.
- On the next day, take the casserole out of the refrigerator, 1/2 prior to baking.
- Remove the cover and bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes. Allow dish to stand for 5 minutes and serve.
- Makes 8 servings