Here is another superb recipe for ham loaf. This time, this unique recipe comes with a unique mustard sauce. Try this dish if you want a filling meal that you will really enjoy. This recipe is rich in aroma as well.
* 1 cup dry bread crumbs
* 1 cup milk
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
* 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
* MUSTARD SAUCE:
* 2 egg yolks, beaten
* 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
* 2 tablespoons white vinegar
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1 tablespoon water
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
* 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
* 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
1. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, milk and eggs. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cloves and mustard. Spread in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Press meat mixture on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Let stand for 10 minutes before inverting onto serving platters.
2. For sauce, combine egg yolks, mustard, vinegar, sugar, water and salt in a heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat. Serve immediately once cooked. Enjoy!