“A creamy casserole with chicken, ham, noodles, and celery. Perfect for using that leftover Easter ham or other dinner leftovers in a quick, tasty family dish.”
- 1/2 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cooked, cubed chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup cooked, diced ham
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Mix in flour, heating until bubbly. Slowly whisk in milk. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until thick and smooth. Remove the saucepan from heat. Mix in the noodles, chicken, ham, celery, salt, and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika, and continue baking for another 5 minutes. Serve hot!