A bite of soft gulab jamun, sugar syrup taking over your taste buds, sounds heavenly, right? Believe it or not, they are easy to make. Not onle easy, you can prepare them in less then 30-35 min. Next time you have any occasion, treat your family with homemade gulab jamun.
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
Serving: 10-12 Gulab Jamun
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1 tbsp refined flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp ghee
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, take milk powder, refined flour, baking soda and ghee. Using a small amount of water, kneed a soft dough.
- Keep this dough aside for some time and meanwhile, in a pan take sugar and water and cook till sugar is completely dissolved to make sugar syrup.
- Divide the dough in 10-12 pieces and make small balls out of it. Also, meanwhile, heat cooking oil in a pan.
- Once all the balls are ready and oil is properly heated, fry them till they get their dark brown colour.
- Take out the balls on an absorbent paper to let excess of oil getting absorbed.
- Now drop these balls into the pan that had the sugar syrup. Leave the balls in sugar syrup on flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Your gulab jamun are ready. Take out all the contents of the pan in a bowl and serve hot.
Enjoy your home made gulab jamun and share your experiences with us.
Do take a look at our other sweet dishes to enjoy with your family and friends