Beer serves as a great marinating sauce as it allows the meat to a have a distinct delicious taste.
* 2 pork tenderloins – 1 pound each
* 1 bottle of beer – any variety
* 1 onion – medium and sliced thin
* 8 sage leaves – chopped
* 2 sprigs oregano – fresh, leaves removed and chopped
* 1 apple – peeled, cored and sliced thin
* 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* salt and pepper to taste
- In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, place the pork tenderloins. Cut half inch deep slits across the top of each loins with an inch interval.
- Pour in the beer and sprinkle it well with sliced onion and apple. Top with sage, oregano, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix mustard well with olive oil. Use this mixture to coat the top of both pork tenderloins. Cover and chill for an hour.
- Set grill to moderate heat. Grill meat directly over the grill and cook for 20 minutes turning once.
- Put the onions and apples in a grill pan. Place it over the grill to cook for about 10 minutes or until apples start to form with grill marks.
- Take the pork off the grill and leave it for 10 minutes to rest.
- Slice the pork and arrange onions and apples on the side. Serve.
- Makes 10 servings.