I love making these tender hors d’oeuvres when we have a special gathering or during the holidays. They just keep coming back for more.
* 1 pound boneless whole pork loin roast
* 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons honey
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Slice the pork into 1/8-inch portions and cut widthwise in half. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a resealable plastic bag. Add pork and coat well with the mixture. Seal and refrigerate the bag for about 4 hours. Turn the bag from time to time.
- When ready, drain the liquids. Thread marinated pork onto metal skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak prior to usage.
- Moisten a paper towel using long-handled tongs into cooking oil. Use this to lightly coats the grill rack.
- Set grilling over moderate heat and do not cover grill. Cook each side for about 3 minutes or just until meat is no longer pinkish in color.
- Makes 8 servings.