Here is another irresistible recipe for pork. This recipe makes use of a distinct adobo flavor in your pork recipe. This dish is made even more delicious because it is grilled. It is also served with plums and almonds.
* 2 tablespoons chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
* 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
* 3 large garlic cloves
* 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves, plus extra
* 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
* 1/3 cup water
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 (2 pound) package pork tenderloins
* 6 plums, halved and pitted
* 3/4 cup slivered almonds
* 1 pound Napa cabbage
1. Puree first seven ingredients plus 2 Tbs. oil in a blender until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour all but 3/4 cup of mixture into a gallon-sized zipper bag. Add meat; seal and refrigerate 30 minutes to 4 hours. Whisk 1/4 cup olive oil into remaining mixture for a dressing.
2. Brush plums with oil; season with salt and pepper. Toast almonds in a 350-degree oven for 4 minutes. Finely shred cabbage. Set all aside.
3. Build a fire on one side of grill, so you have direct and indirect heat. When coals are covered with white ash, place plums, cut side down, and meat over direct heat; cover and grill until meat is well seared, 5 minutes. Then turn pork to sear other side, 5 minutes more, rearranging plums to ensure even browning. Move meat and plums to indirect heat; cover and grill 12 to 13 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest end of meat registers 145 to 150 degrees.
4. Remove meat and plums to a platter; let sit 5 minutes or up to 1 hour. Cut pork, crosswise, into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Toss cabbage with almonds, salt, pepper and most of dressing. Arrange slaw in each of six shallow bowls. Place a portion of pork over each and 2 plum halves alongside. Drizzle with remaining dressing; garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately wtth your choice of condiments and enjoy!