Spicy pork offers a sumptuous taste that is quite impossible to resist. Mix that in with green enchilada and you would already have a delectable dish that you can boast to friends and family members for special occasions.
* 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
* 1 pound ground pork
* 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, stems removed
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 medium white onion, diced
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
* 1 (7 ounce) can green salsa
* 1 quart water
* 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
* 1/2 lime, juiced
1. In a 4 quart pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the jalapenos and saute for 1 minute. Stir in the ground pork and cook until evenly brown. Remove the browned pork and jalapenos from the pot and set aside.
2. In the same pot used to cook the meat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, butter, and onion. Cook for 2 minutes or until the onion starts to soften. Stir in the salt, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper and cook until the onion is soft. Mix in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Reduce the heat to low. Sprinkle the flour over the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring for three minutes. Slowly pour the enchilada sauce into the onion mixture, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Mix in the green salsa and water.
4. Return the cooked pork and jalapenos to the pot. Increase the heat to medium and slowly bring the soup to a boil. Serve immediately and enjoy!