With Alex needing to eat a gluten free diet, there are a few gluten free cookbooks in the house. Jenn found this great book hiding out in the kitchen and decided to try out the gluten free bread pudding recipe.
We couldn’t find the right type of gluten free bread at the grocery store so we ended up going a great local specialty store to find what we needed.
For the eggs, we used some enormous duck eggs provided by our co-worker. Alex swears duck eggs add a better taste to any recipe.
The pudding before baking for 45 mins:
The beautiful after shot:
The raspberries and chocolate chips are a great combination. The bread pudding turned out awesome and we look forward to trying more recipes from the cookbook.
Print Gluten Free Chocolate Raspberry Bread Pudding Author: Adapted from Gluten-Free Bible Prep time: 2 hours Cook time: 45 mins Total time: 2 hours 45 mins Serves: 12 Ingredients
- 8 slices of gluten free white sandwich bread, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups skim milk
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Grease 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine bread cubes and melted butter in baking dish, toss to coat.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla in medium bowl. Pour mixture over bread cubes. Cover and place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle raspberries and chocolate chips over bread mixture.
- Bake 40-50 mins or until golden brown and center is set. Let stand 10 mins before serving.