Jenn: Growing up, some of my fondest memories were being in the kitchen with my nana, helping her bake something sweet. One of my favorite things she used to make was banana bread. We used to always enjoy the bread fresh out of the oven with butter and a cup of tea.
I changed the flour in the recipe from all purpose, that my nana used, to gluten free so that Alex would be able to enjoy the bread as well. Made with either type of the flour, the bread turns out moist, light, and super yummy!
4.0 from 1 reviews Print Gluten Free Banana Bread Author: Jenn Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 45 mins Total time: 1 hour Serves: 8 Ingredients
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cup ripe bananas, about 3 bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugar with electric mixer, then add eggs.
- In small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, alternating with milk.
- Stir in chocolate chips and ripe bananas.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan and bake for 40-45 mins.
- Bread is done when knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Notes For the gluten free flour mix we used the brand Cloud 9, purchased at Costco.