I first made these Martha Stewart brownies a few months ago and brought them to work to share. After one of my co-workers, Colin, tried a piece, he aptly named them leave your wife brownies. This is still my favorite compliment I have ever received.
The brownie might look pretty basic but the taste is outstanding. They go well with raspberries, strawberries, whipped cream, or ice cream. I decided on a strong cup of coffee.
The recipe comes together pretty quick. And your finished product will also disappear in a hurry!
Have fun baking and please let us know how yours turned out!
5.0 from 1 reviews Print Fudge Brownie Cake aka Leave your wife brownies Author: Adapted from Martha Stewart Recipe type: Brownie Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 28 mins Total time: 48 mins Serves: 12 A rich fudgy delicious chocolate brownie cake. Ingredients
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate
- ¾ cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 large egg whites
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut out parchment paper to fit into 9″ springform pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate together over medium-low heat, stirring into smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, egg yolk, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Beat egg whites with mixer on medium speed until foamy. Add 2 tbsp sugar and beat on medium-high speed until soft, glossy peaks form.
- Add flour to chocolate mixture and fold in with rubber spatula. Next fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 26-28 mins, until cake is set. Let cake cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- After cake is removed from pan, dust cake with cocoa powder or icing sugar or serve with fresh fruit.