For the last two days, every time Jenn went into the kitchen, Alex’s wife, Alex C, would inquire when the next batch of cookies were going to be made. And not just any cookies, but cookies with peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate!
Here’s the happy lady enjoying her cookies!
The best part of this recipe is that there are only seven simple ingredients:
The dough comes together quickly. It is much easier to add the peanut butter when it’s at room temperature (unless you need an arm workout, then use cold peanut butter).
After chilling the dough for 30 mins, measure out 1.5 tablespoons of dough and place on baking sheet.
After 12 mins of baking at 350 degrees, the end result are these delicious little balls of goodness!
Hopefully you enjoy these cookies as much as Alex C did!
Print Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Author: Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction Recipe type: Cookies Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 12 mins Total time: 22 mins Serves: 16 Ingredients
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix together rolled oats, cinnamon, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Then mix in peanut butter and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients in and mix to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough in fridge for 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 1.5 tbsp of dough and shape into ball. Flatten the dough balls with back of spoon or fork.
- Bake cookies for 10-11 mins. If you prefer your cookies a little more on the crispy side, bake them for 12-14 mins.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 mins on the baking sheet.