Fish Curry :
Fish Curry is a very popular seafood and prepared in costal areas and is a part of Goan cuisine.The taste of curry depends on the type of fish used. Fish is nutritionally rich and very good for winters because it provides warmth to the body. The spices used in the curry blends perfectly with the tender and juicy fish.
Cooking Time- 40-45 mins
- ½ kg fish
- 1 tbsp mustard Seeds
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- 2 large onion’s paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 3-4 tbsp Coconut Powder
- Chopped Coriander
- ½ cup Tamarind soaked water
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and roast mustard, cumin seeds, red chillies. Cool and grind to make a fine powder.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric and garam masala powder, coconut powder to the above made powder to make a paste.
- Add tamarind water to the paste.
- In another pan roast onion paste and ginger-garlic paste. Now add the above paste and fry for 5 mins.
- Add 2 cups of water and add fish to this gravy. Cook for 12-15 mins.
- Garnish with Chopped coriander and serve hot with rice or naans.NOTE: Cook the fish carefully. While cooking with the gravy, being soft, the fish might break.
For more non-veg recipes keep checking recipesworthtrying.com and leave your precious suggestions and comments.