Chicken Pieces tenderly cooked with cinnamon, cardamom, zingy condiments and yogurt. It is cooked in kashmiri Style that is why it is a flavorful and aromatic dish.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 700-800 gms chicken
- 6-7 tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon dry ginger powder(soonth)
- 2-3 Green cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon Saunf powder
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2-3 cloves
- 2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 cup of yogurt
- A pinch of Asafoetida(hing)
- Pinch of Kashmiri red chillies
- Salt to taste
Method of cooking:
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté only the chicken till brown. Remove the chicken when done, keep aside.
- Now in a pan, sauté the cardamom, cloves, bay leaves and cinnamon. Mix sauf powder and dry ginger powder with little water and add into the cooking pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes and turn the flame.
- Mix the whisked yogurt into the pan and cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add chicken to the curd, mix well. Sprinkle chilli powder, hing and salt.
- Stir well and cook with a covered lid for 15-18 minutes till done.
You Chicken Yakhni is ready. Serve hot. Best enjoyed with rice.
We would like to hear from you in our comment section. You may also visit our our Veg and Non-Veg Recipes.