Here is another chicken-based dish that you will definitely enjoy. This superb recipe is a mixture of wondrous sauces and flavors to give you something that you can really enjoy. This recipe can also be served on special occasions.
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded thin
* 1/4 cup unsalted butter
* 10 fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 3/4 cup dry white wine
* 3/4 cup chicken stock
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
* 6 slices thinly sliced prosciutto
* 6 slices fontina cheese
1. Lightly flour chicken breasts, shaking off excess flour. In a large skillet over low heat, melt butter/margarine. Add chicken and saute until lightly browned, about 2 minutes each side. Remove with slotted spatula and set aside.
2. Increase heat to medium low. Add mushrooms and saute until juices are rendered, about 4 minutes. Add wine and simmer until reduced by 1/4, about 3 to 4 minutes. Increase heat to medium high. Add stock, parsley and pepper and simmer until sauce reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low. Top each chicken breast with a slice of prosciutto and a slice of fontina cheese. Return chicken to skillet and cook just until cheese melts. Transfer chicken to individual plates and top each with some of the mushroom sauce before serving. Enjoy!