Italian dishes can be made into heavy meals, especially if it contains meat and pasta. This chicken and ham lasagna recipe is a magnificent choice for a special dinner. Try out this meal for yourself and see how it fares to your standards.
* 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 large green pepper, chopped
* 1/4 cup butter or margarine
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 2/3 cups milk
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
* 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
* 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
* 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
* 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
* 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the broccoli, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 2. Spread 2 cups broccoli mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles, overlapping if needed. Layer with 2 cups broccoli mixture, 1-1/2 cups of ham, 2/3 cup Swiss cheese, four noodles, 2 cups broccoli mixture, chicken, 2/3 cup Swiss cheese, four noodles and remaining broccoli mixture, Swiss cheese and ham.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve in a large platter and enjoy with garlic bread.