Chicken and pasta recipes make a great combination. If you are preparing for a special luncheon or dinner at home, you can awe your guests with this delightful recipe. This recipe combines chicken and pasta with a unique cream sauce
* 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
* 2 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
* 1/4 cube chicken bouillon, crumbled
* 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
* 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
* 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
* 1/2 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken cubes, reducing heat if necessary, until no longer pink in center and juices run clear. Set aside.
- 3. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups cream to a simmer, stirring often. Whisk in bouillon and cheese until well blended and bouillon has dissolved completely. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water, and whisk into mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes more, then remove from heat and set aside.
- 4. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Stir in prosciutto, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Add chicken, reduce heat, and continue cooking until chicken is heated through. Return sauce to the stove and add remaining 1/4 cup cream and parsley flakes. Heat through.
- 5. To serve, place pasta in a large mixing or serving bowl. Add chicken and mushroom mixture and pour in cream sauce. Toss well to even out the flavor. Serve immediately and enjoy!