Cherries are juicy and sweet fruits that we can use for our desserts. As of date, innovations in the culinary industry also made it possible for us to create meat-based dishes using cherries. Try this recipe and see how you’ll like it.
* 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 12 fresh cherry peppers
* 6 ounces sharp provolone cheese, cubed
* 6 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
* 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Slice the tops off of the cherry peppers and carefully remove the seeds, keeping peppers whole. Wrap a cube of cheese with prosciutto, and stuff into a pepper. If there is still room inside the pepper, stuff in more prosciutto. Repeat with remaining peppers.
- 2. Place all of the stuffed peppers into a 1 quart jar – or one that your peppers will all fit into, and sprinkle salt over them. Pour in enough olive oil to cover the peppers. Cover, and let stand for 1 hour before eating. Enjoy!