We’re back and we have cheesecake! Not just regular plain cheesecake but cheesecake with Baileys and chocolate chips!
For this post, we had a guest baker in the kitchen, our awesome friend and co-worker, Kelsey. She brought along her very energetic and adorable puppy, Chase.
So to start the recipe, the first step is to crush the graham crackers. Kelsey gracefully crushed the graham crackers into smithereens with the end of the knife.
After mixing the crushed crackers with the melted butter, press the crust into the spring foam pan.
After we finished mixing up the batter and getting the cheesecake into the oven, we had to decide what to do for a hour while it baked. It was warm outside so we busted out the doggie pool for Chase.
So after a hour of Chase splashing around in the pool, the cheesecake was done. We left it in the oven for another 30 mins to let it fully set. Normally cheesecakes are smooth on top, but we think the giant crack adds character.
Enjoy the cheesecake and we promise more consistent blog posts will be coming!
Print Cheesecake with Baileys and Chocolate Chips Author: Adapted from Katie at the Kitchen Door Recipe type: Cheesecake Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour 15 mins Serves: 12 Ingredients
- 12 graham crackers
- 4 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 3 8oz cream cheese packages
- 1½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ¼ cup flour
- 1½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut out circle of parchment paper to fit into 9 inch spring foam pan and place in pan.
- Place graham crackers in zip-lock bag and crush into small pieces with a rolling pin or a handle of a knife. Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and press the crust into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan onto a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Next beat in the Baileys, then mix in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla, and flour until fully mixed.
- Stir chocolate chips into the batter and then pour the batter into the pan. Place the cheesecake in the oven on top of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour or until middle of the cheesecake is slightly set. Then turn off oven and leave cheesecake inside for 30 mins. Next remove from oven, let cool to room temperature, then chill in fridge for 2-3 hours before serving.