A creamy vegetarian soup that is full of healthy ingredients and very easy to make. Using fat free ingredients, this soup is one you will be sure and have a second helping of.
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 pealed red potatoes (cubed)
- 1 medium sized butternut squash (cubed)
- 5 cups of chicken broth (less sodium brand or make it your self)
- 2 Vidalia onions or other sweet onion (diced)
- 1/2 tsp dried Rosemary
- 1/2 cup of half & half fat free creamer
- In a large pot add olive oil and heat
- Add onions and rosemary
- Cook stirring often for 10 mins on medium flame
- Add garlic
- Cook 1 more minute
- Add broth
- Add creamer
- Add squash
- Add potatoes
- Add pinch of salt (optional)
- Bring this to a boil, cover and cook on medium flame for 20 minutes or until veggies are very soft.
- Using a slatted spoon, remove half of the veggies and put in to food processor. You will want to add a couple large spoon fulls of the liquid also.
- Once this is blended smooth and creamy, add it back in to the pot and stir it to blend.
- Next you will remove the remaining veggies and do the same as before.
- When all is blended, smooth and back in your pot, heat and serve with black pepper and a bakery fresh whole grain slice of bread to dip with.