Butter chicken is among the best known Mughali dishes in the world. Butter Chicken tastes best with naan, roti or parathas. Richness of butter and tangy taste of spices give it a tasty kick and worth trying.
Preparation time- 30-45 minutes
Cooking time: 50-60 minutes
- 800 Gms bone chicken pieces
- 1 cup yogurt
- Salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1-2 tablespoon of ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 50 gm butter
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 4-5 Green chillies chopped
- Ginger paste 1 tablespoon
- ½ teaspoon Dry fenugreek (kasuri methi)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 2-3 green cardamoms
- 3-4 cloves
- 4-5 black peppercorns
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1-2 tablespoon chicken masala
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 400gms tomato puree
- ½-1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup fresh creamSalt to taste
FOR MARINATING THE CHICKEN-
- Mix ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, yogurt, garam masala, salt together. Add chicken. Mix well and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat butter in a thick bottom pan.
- Heat butter in a pan, add green cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, black peppercorns, sauté for 2 minutes. Now add green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
- Add tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes. Now add marinated chicken, cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala, chicken masala, salt and cook.
- Now add one cup of water, bring to boil. Simmer the heat and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add sugar and powdered kasuri methi. Simmer for another 5-8 minutes.
Your Butter chicken is ready to eat. Garnish with fresh cream.
Best enjoyed with naan and paranthas.