This is a wonderful dish featuring baked salmon fillets with a sweet pineapple, ginger root sauce. Baked in foil with bok choy leaves, sliced red bell peppers and bean sprouts. Tender, juicy and best of all, good for you meal.
- 1 pnd bag of frozen wild caught salmon fillets
- 1 red bell pepper (minced)
- 1 tbls minced fresh ginger root
- 3 green onion stalks
- 1 can drained and rinsed or 1 pnd fresh bean sprouts
- 3 tbls of pineapple juice from a can of pineapple chunks in 100% juice (do not add any pineapples to sauce. You will save the pineapples to serve along side your salmon as a side.
- 2 tbls less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large handful of fresh Bok Choy leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, add pineapple juice. Save pineapple chunks to serve as a side
- Tear off a large square of tin foil and place on a baking sheet
- Lay some of your Bok Choy leaves on to the tin foil
- Add 2 tbls minced bell pepper on top of leaves
- Lay 1 green onion stalk on top (remove the bulb, you only want the green leafy stalk)
- Sprinkle on some bean sprouts
- Spoon 1 tbls of your pineapple ginger sauce over these veggies
- Lay 1 salmon fillet on top
- Spoon 1 tbls more of your sauce on top of fillet
- Shake some black pepper on top
- Roll foil up and around all and enclose tightly
- Bake for 15 mins in a preheated 350 degree oven
- Lay 1 foil wrapped fillet on to a plate and carefully open foil. (it will be hot and steamy so be careful)
- Using a spatula, remove ingredients from foil and place on to plate scraping the veggies to one side of the fish.
- Serve your pineapple chunks with the meal on the other side of the fish.