It is a rich dessert cooked during many festivals. Badaam Phirni is a scrumptious and mouth-watering dessert made from almonds, rice four and milk. This dish has been introduced to Indian cooking by Mughals, it is quite easy and simple to prepare. It has a rich flavour and taste and is also a low fat dish.
Preparation time: 15 -20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
– 2 cups of milk
– 2 tablespoons of soaked rice
– 7-8 almonds equally sliced
– A gentle pinch of saffron strands
– ½ teaspoon green cardamom powder
– 2-3 drops of rose water
- silver varak
Method of preparation:
- Soak rice in water for about half an hour.
- Drain and grind the rice grains to form a coarse paste. Dissolve this paste in ½ cup of water.
- Boil milk in a pan, add dissolved rice, mix well and took till the rice are completely cooked while stirring continuously for about 8-10 minutes on low flame.
- Add saffron, rose water and mix well, add sugar and cardamom powder and cook till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- After the dish gets cooked pour into bowls and garnish with sliced almonds, thin silver paper(varak)
- Put it in a refrigerator for 15-20 minutes and serve it chilled.
- Your badam phirni is ready to eat.
Try our other Sweet-dish recipes and give your feedback.