Grilled dishes are both delicious and nutritious. For a sumptuous recipe that can be enjoyed even by health-conscious individuals, this bacon-wrapped grilled Elk Backstraw is a superb treat. Try it now and see how it fares to your standards.
* 2 pounds elk loin (backstrap), cut into 2 ounce pieces
* 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, or to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
* 16 slices thick cut bacon
- Set the heat of the grill.
- Season backstrap pieces with liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Wrap each piece of meat with a strip of bacon, and place on a metal skewer.
- Cook the elk on the preheated grill until the bacon becomes slightly burnt. Serve immediately and enjoy!