Who can resist the crisp and sweet tangy flavor of bacon? Even the aroma of bacon can really make your mouth water. This recipe is a simple recipe that can help you prepare your own bacon dish. Try it now and see how it fares to your standards.
* 4 pounds raw pork belly
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/4 cup curing salt
* 1 gallon cold water, or as needed
* 1 (10 pound) bag charcoal briquettes
* hickory or apple wood chips
1. In a 2 gallon container, mix together the brown sugar, curing salt, and water. Submerge the pork belly in the mixture so that it is covered completely. If the meat floats, you can weigh it down with a dinner plate or similar object. Refrigerate covered for six days.
2. Light charcoal in an outdoor smoker. Soak wood chips in a bowl of water. When the temperature of the smoker is between 140 and 150 degrees coals are ready. Smoke the pork belly for 6 hours, throwing a handful of wood chips on the coals about once an hour. Store in the refrigerator. Slice and fry. Drain off excess oil. Serve immediately and enjoy!