Whenever we crave for popcorn, the sad part about t is that we have limited options in terms of popcorn flavors. That dilemma will now be solved through this recipe. This recipe offers a new twist to your average popcorn experience because it makes use of bacon to add a different twist to your popcorn.
* 1/2 cup bacon grease
* 3/4 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
* 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
* 3 tablespoons bacon bits (optional)
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Measure the bacon grease into a 6 quart pot and place over high heat. Add one or two popcorn kernels as testers. When the test kernels pop, add the rest of the popcorn and cover with a lid. As the popcorn starts to pop, shake the pan back and forth constantly to keep the unpopped kernels on the bottom where they can pop. When the popping slows down, remove the pan from the heat and let it finish popping.
2. Pour the popcorn into a large bowl or paper sack. Season with half of the seasoned salt and stir. Taste before adding more salt if desired. Toss with bacon bits and shredded Cheddar cheese for maximum flavor. Serve immediately and enjoy!