Who does not enjot meatloaves? For those people who love meat, meatloaves are great food choices that they can experiment with because they can devour it with rice, salad, noodles, pasta and other dishes. This meatloaf recipe is especially delicious because it comes with a special Swiss flair.
* 12 ounces chopped raw bacon
* 1 small white onion, chopped
* 5 button mushrooms, chopped
* 1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup evaporated milk
* 6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese, divided
* 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
1. Set the heat of the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place bacon in a skillet and cook over medium heat until the pieces are browned. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. Stir in onions and mushrooms, and cook until soft. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, stir together beef, egg, and milk. Stir in the onion and mushrooms. Mix in about 4 ounces of Swiss cheese, and all but 1 tablespoon of bacon. Stir in cornflake crumbs, and mix until well blended. Shape into a loaf, and place in a meatloaf pan.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Drain fat, and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Return to oven, and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!